The North American Energy Markets Association is pleased to announce this job opportunity on behalf of our member Evergy Kansas Central.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE: Risk Management Analyst
REQUISITION ID: CFO003U
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Planning and Risk Management – Kansas City Headquarters
LOCATION: Kansas City, Missouri
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Job may require additional hours on short notice including evenings.)
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with trading staff to understand trading strategies and to provide risk guidance. Convert strategies to risk impact to the company. Analyze, evaluate, and report on overall company risk posture.
• Run and analyze simulations and impacts to the company bottom line including building and/or troubleshooting models for valuation as needed. Back testing of simulations/models is also expected.
• Lead process improvement, including streamlining and documenting existing processes, developing new risk reporting automations, and organizing systems.
• Establish pricing model, import pricing, verify transactions, and ensure databases are kept current and accurate.
• Clearly communicate risk policy to the company and partners. Ensure adherence and notify the risk management of non-compliance.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed.
• Develops and implements tools for risk management (VAR analysis, scenario analysis, stress testing, etc.)
• Provide guidance to more junior analysts on credit and contracting task, including completing tasks on a backup basis as needed. These tasks include:
o Communicate with counterparties to ensure credit requirements are met to facilitate trading.
o Assess and monitor the creditworthiness of existing and new counterparties. Recommend appropriate credit support and limits.
o Monitor current exposure as well as potential future exposure to ensure the company remains within established credit limits. Promptly escalate potential issues to the credit team.
• Mentor and coach more junior level risk monitoring staff.
• Serve in lead role related to special projects and technology initiatives.