About the Team:
The Commercial Transactions team oversees commercial optimization for Middle River Power’s generation fleet, supports acquisition due diligence, pursues long term hedges, and creates and maintains energy market fundamental analysis.
About the Company:
Middle River Power is a private equity sponsored asset management platform focused on US power generation assets. Our team consists of power industry veterans with deep experience in the acquisition, development, operations, management, financing, and economic optimization of energy assets.
Our rigorous asset management approach analyzes regulatory changes, localized generation congestion, utility resource plans, fuel fundamentals, and transmission constraints. Assets under management or in development include over 5,000 MW of natural gas, coal, geothermal, and solar power generation facilities in California, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
• Originate PPAs and structured transactions in the wholesale power market with a particular focus on investor owned utilities, municipals, and cooperatives in the CAISO, ERCOT, and PJM regions.
• Establish and maintain a commercial presence for key customers in key regions; network with wholesale buyers, financial intermediaries, power generators to originate transactions and provide customer feedback to the team.
• Track and respond to Requests for Proposals; develop new and innovative structured products to meet differentiated customer needs.
• Maintain internal relationships with development, finance, asset management, and operations teams to provide market insight and support strategic decision making.
• Conduct fundamental analysis; Assess needs of energy purchasers and suppliers to provide perspective of ideal regions and /or counterparties to target for future development of projects or investments.
• Understand and administer existing offtake contracts; Identify and formulate risks management strategies to enhance value of various offtake structures.
• Perform quantitative analysis and translate/communicate analysis into actionable solutions.
• Assist with mergers and acquisition efforts by assessing revenue streams for target power generation facilities; Provide asset valuation support for company’s acquisition and development activity.