NAEMA is pleased to announce this Structurer job opportunity on behalf of our member Trailstone.
Trailstone is a global energy and technology company, operating at the intersection of renewable and conventional power. We trade energy in global markets, and we provide a best-in-class service to manage the inherent intermittency of renewable power generation across the short, medium and long term.
As an energy trader, we buy and sell electricity and gas which is physically delivered on the grids, and we leverage our physical market knowledge to trade financial commodities.
As a provider of renewable energy management services, we take on the complexity of managing renewable power across different countries so that our customers can focus on their core mission of investment and growth. Trailstone offers an efficient, fully automated front-to-back renewable power management platform underpinned by our long-standing market experience, proprietary technology, data analytics and meteorology.
Trailstone is looking for a Structurer to join us onsite in our Austin, Texas office. You will be a key member of a multi-disciplinary team of originators, quantitative and fundamental analysts, traders and meteorologists engaged in both traditional power and gas structured transactions and the expansion of our renewable asset management business. Your contribution will be critical to ensure the proper structuring, pricing, documentation and execution of these transactions, and the management of resulting positions.
What will you do?
- Work closely with origination, trading and quantitative analysis teams to identify, structure, price and execute traditional wholesale power and gas transactions, as well as renewable asset management contracts.
- Work closely with renewable asset management team to enter new markets and develop/modify product offering.
- Identify recurring customer needs and work with product group to build solutions.
- Manage interface with operational, credit, legal, and risk teams to ensure successful execution.
- Communicate valuation results and assumptions in the context of commercial priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance).
- 5+ years at a bank, utility or trading house working on structured power and gas transactions as part of a structuring, origination or trading team.
- Self-starter with ability to structure and value one-off transactions, and to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing internal and external environment.
- Proven track record of project ownership and driving results.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of Python and working knowledge of SQL.
It would be great if you had
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as R, C++, C# or MATLAB.
- Experience with renewable generation and/or battery storage.
We’re different, and we like it that way!
Here at Trailstone, we value our differences. In fact, our success depends upon them.
Differences in backgrounds, identities and experiences lead to differing views of the world. Different world views lead to healthy differences in opinions. Different opinions are essential to creating a robust marketplace of ideas. And it is our ideas that will make Trailstone a market leader in energy innovation and disruption!
By our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Trailstone is creating value for our employees, our investors, and our communities.
So regardless of your gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, physical limitations, how you identify, how you pray, who you love, where you went to school, who you consider family, or how old you are… you can belong here.